Processing aid is added into formula to reduce the friction between the surface of plastic and processing equipment, thus keeping the manufacturing running more smoothly and efficiently as well as improving end-products' quality.
Plastics are the optimal materials for many industries. However, melting or processing these plastics at extremely high throughputs is hard. Without the help of polymer processing aids, some manufacturing processes can result in worn-out machines or bad-quality final products.
The processing-aid additive is materials added to the polymer to lower the friction between plastics and machines during production. It helps enhance the melting, processability, and handling of high molecular weight plastics without any technical effect on products. Polymer processing aids have a wide range of applications, including blown film, extrusion, and injection molding. Thanks to processing-aid additives, thermoplastic resins can be extruded more effectively. They can add aesthetic qualities by reducing flow traces and die lines, resulting in glossy, transparent products.
EuroPlas is one of the top expert companies producing and supplying additives worldwide. Our technical staff will consult and help you enhance the quality of end products. Here are some advantages of using EuroPlas processing-aid additive:
- Reduce the friction between the surface of polymer and processing equipment
- Eliminate cracking and improves surface during film blowing
- Avoid plastic stains on the equipment
- Thermal stability when handling at high temperature
- Eliminate gelation during the processing
- Improve efficiency in processing recycled plastic
- Reduce extrusion pressure thanks to the decrease of friction and resistance between plastic flow and extrusion equipment surface
- Reduce the processing temperature, equipment capacity, and productivity
- Easily combined with other additives without affecting the mechanical properties of end-products
- Storage: kept in dry condition
- Delivery: made by sea or air transportation based on both parties' agreement
- Recommended usage rate: 0.4 - 1%